Wednesday 4 September 2013

WOYWW 222

It's a very special Wednesday here at Crazy Towers.  Today Louis started Junior School and Bella started Infant school.  I count myself very lucky that they were both beside themselves with excitement about going back to school, especially when lots of other parents were dealing with tears.  Louis almost didn't make it this morning as we were in A&E late last night getting his ankle X-rayed because he jumped out of a 10ft tree house last week!  


Bella was very excited about her plimsoll bag that I commissioned from the lovely Lunch Lady Jan.  She loves it and there were certainly no others anything like it on the many pegs this morning - thank you Jan!


If you are thinking that my pictures are a bit off this morning, you'd be right.  My camera is bust.  This is the best shot I could get of my desk with the rotator ring sticking the zoom on maximum.  I've still got a few bits of the Echo Park collection to use up and I hope to really get back on the crafting wagon as Bella goes full time in a few weeks.


I had a day earlier in the week with just Louis and we made this house out of a pop out kit.  As he was finishing up he said "I sort of used the instructions but I'm afraid I had to take some creative liberties!"  I was in hysterics but oh so proud of him too.  Its a phrase from Calvin and Hobbes apparently about homework but I was happy to hear my boy using such a perfect phrase about his crafting.


 Hmmm, perhaps a little blurry there.  Not sure when I can get my camera fixed either.  Too many things to do and not much time to do it!  You know how it is.

Time to head on over to Julia's and find the rest of the creative desks from around the world.  See you there!

Bye for now
xx


14 comments:

  1. Don't they look lovely all ready for a new school year! Creative liberties really made me laugh :) I hope you get your camera fixed soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what wonderful pictures you have of them off to school and all the time you will have soon for all your crafting.. Jans bag looks adorable and what a great idea to get something so easily recognisable and unique makes it so much easier..
    Happy WOYWW
    Sandy :) #35

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - I loved Louis's comment about taking creative liberties. :o) Hope your kiddos had a great first day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa Jane. School starts tomorrow where we are - I wish I had such a great sweatshirt colour when I was at school - who wants to wear grey!?? Love the creative liberties quip. Definitely a budding artist speaking. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 70

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are so cute. I like their little school uniforms. I love the statement your son made about taking creative liberties. Hilarious...Happy crafting #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, what a lovely pic of them both....that takes me back. It only seems a heartbeat away that it was my two standing like that....sniff..... :-)
    And I'm so glad she liked the bag!!
    Hugs, LLJ 44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pic...sorry about the busts cared camera, I know nothing about any of that, so am no help. Meanwhile, your sons house and phrase work are marvellous, what a laugh! Bless his crafty little head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't is great to have a fresh new school year starting. They look so happy. 93

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heading off to school - we're getting ready for Princess to go to Uni. Still going to take 'first day photos' tho'!

    Hope you get the camera fixed, although have to confess I now take most of my photos with my iphone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creative liberties! If that's what he can do now, he has a fine future of creativity ahead of him. Best of luck to them both for the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So that's where that lovely dap bag from Jan's blog went! I had a year where one started junior and one infants - those were the days!

    Great paper house Louis.

    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big day for you yesterday - both in "proper" school! It al goes by so quickly - seems like aeons ago I was delivering mine to school each day - now I occasionally deliver the grandchildren!
    Trust you get the time you need for everything which needs doing.
    Take care
    Margaret #50

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh bless, don't they look lovely going off to school :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so good to hear they enjoyed going back to school. Hope you managed to sort your camera out too x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)