Sunday 5 February 2012

Having a ball!

I am sat here perched on a gym ball at my desk instead of lounging on my sofa.  I am currently running the risk of not being to able to use my right arm at all and ending up having surgery so I am desperately trying to do anything I can to repair the damage.  Sitting on the ball means I am working my core and not slouching, so that's all good.  Except that every time I move, the rubber squeaks against the laminate flooring and makes constant farting noises.  I keep having to call out "It was the ball!"  The massage I had the other day was very nice except that we have discovered that I can't lay on my front for long enough for her to do her work.  The bottom of my back seizes up and I can't get off the couch because my spine is not used to being in properly straight, the natural curvature of my back goes the wrong way and curls under - another reason the ball is king.  Basically I think I am just getting old!  The massage possibly caused all my remaining viral toxins to come out though because I went from feeling better to feeling like I had been kicked down my back by a horse.  And my glands are STILL swollen and my throat is still sore.  All of this is not conducive to going to the gym or getting on top of my crafting projects, I can tell you!

One thing I have managed to do though, is to re cover the pizza box.  This time I just used straight PVA and plain book papers but then swiped over it with Distress Inks.  This gave me more of the look I was going for.


I heat embossed a little label made from an XCut die and attached it with a pearly brad.  Its not the neatest box on the block but I'm halfway through my next box and I am already much more pleased with it.


You can see the edges here have lifted a bit but these bits are mostly hidden once it is on the shelf.


Its quite a tight fit in the good old Expedit and I will have to chop the tops off of any pieces that have the barcode strip but this doesn't bother me.  I have a larger box in construction which will overhang the shelf but there is a gap at the back so it will actually line up okay and I can put the larger PP in there if the branding strips bother me.

You may have also noticed that I have started to fiddle with the blog design.  Its not going well and I can't get any of the header's to attach so I have given up for now.  I've also been thinking about why I started the blog in the first place and that I have neglected my "journey" a bit on here.  I am going to have to remedy that very soon but for now I must walk around and do some more of my exercises or my physioterrorist might sit me on the naughty step.  I should be so lucky! ;-)

Bye for now
xx

12 comments:

  1. Yuck, to the shoulder problem. I had a proceedure on mine on Friday, not nice. So anything you can do to avoid surgery is good.
    I have a fit ball, I've never used it! I am a bad person

    Jakix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of the ongoing health problems...love the pizza boxes though!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are having a rough time of it! Your boxes do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to read that you're feeling so rough, Lisa-Jane. Sending you gentle ((((hugs))))
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great! Sorry to hear about your arm troubles though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your arm, I hope you manage to fix it the natural way. I love your pizza box x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you are suffering with your shoulder:( Have you tried pilates? I'm a recent convert.
    Love the way your boxes turned out:o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch to the arm and shoulder issues! Has your GP referred you to the physiotherapy/ occupational therapy departments? If not, you could request a referral, so they can assess you and see if there are any exercises etc that you could do, to help your recovery.
    Also, you could try an osteopath, to help line up the muscles and bones of your back, shoulders, kneck etc... I had a nasty fall a couple of years ago, leaving me with an upper back/arm/kneck problem. The osteopaths were amazing and so helpful - I'm sure it's helped me avoid surgery later on.
    Good luck with the recovery!

    I like the pizza-box storage idea; I may have to "steal" this myself - very good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I so hope the gym ball helps and your shoulder starts to improve. This pizza box project is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Jaipur and most of Rajastan, it was my favourite part of the trip I think. I took that photo with my Ricoh SLR and I was pretty chuffed with it. I took lots of pants ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you get well soon...beautiful pizza box conversion, love all the book pages and distress ink :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)