Friday 31 August 2012

Ready for September

Well that was August.  Over in a flurry of showers and the occasional sunny moment.  September will bring a few changes here at Castle Johnson with Bella at preschool for 3 days and me going back to studying with the Open University.  I will also be going back to the gym to test the progress on my shoulder (or not) and I'm hopeful that by the end of the month, I will be the lightest that I have been for many years and dipping under the next stone mark at Slimming World.

Of course I will be recording this journey with Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday.  You don't have to be a scrapbooker or a crafter of any sort to join in with this particular class because this is about the lessons we learn everyday and recording them in whichever way suits us individually.

I've mentioned before about my album, saved from last year, so here it is.  This is a bare chipboard album covered with Pink Paisley "Old School" papers and random bits from my stash.


This is the inside cover and I've cut all my pages to size and hole punched them ready to go.  I plan to do a lot of journalling this year.


This morning I finally finished my owls.  These will be the date markers with a little white number on their smart tummies, and I think I will add them to a label shape for the journalling.


Louis would like to show you his book that he made too.  We used the papers that come with Scrapbook Magazine (which I dislike intensely but are perfect for the children) and glued them back to back.  Then we cut them to size (6x4 so we can easily add photos where needed) and he rounded all the corners.  Then he cut the title element and wrote it out (several times as he wasn't happy with it) and made his own owl and a little flag.  He got very excited about we put it all together and almost combusted when I showed him how to insert the pin into the foam tape of the title!


He's got lots of different papers in his book and the spare bits are in a bag.  He has punched some shapes ready to decorate his pages and made a little pocket for these and his gems that he wants to use.  I tell you this kid is a chip off the old block!



September also sees a return of the Artful Angels crops and I am so excited because I get to take my new bag.  Look at this beauty!!!


The fabulous Lunch Lady Jan made it for me especially to fit my trimmer which won't fit in my rolling tote.  It is exactly what I wanted - pockets on the outside for my keys and purse and long straps to make it easier on my shoulder.


She chose the fabrics herself and I think she knows me well enough that she got it spot on, literally!  Pink polka dots and a pink and aqua tea cup fabric!  (She knows I love tea!)  She also made it extra sturdy by using a special backing.  I love it!


Louis took some photos of me "wearing" it but I looked awful so I ended up just holding it out so you can see all its gorgeousness.  I am very lucky to have such a talented and wonderful friend and I am planning a little something to say thank you in return.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a cup of tea to drink.

Bye for now
xx

19 comments:

  1. Oh, you really are ready to learn something new! I love September - all those beginnings, I can't wait to get started.

    And that bag is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this post is really about LSNED, but for me it's all about the bag! I spied it in the background of the first shot and recognised the fabric from LLJ's blog. She's done a fabulous job and that tea cup fabric is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how organised are you?!!! Love both yours and Louis's books!! The bag is gorgeous .... I'll look forward to seeing it for real at one of the crops if you'll let me sit on your table now you've gone all posh with your new bag!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are super organised...the books look lovely and your bag is gorgeous. You have a very talented friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag looks fab in its new home!!Really glad you like it - let's hope it gives you many years good service!!
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post LJ...isn't Louis' album fabulous! I like the LSNED principle I must say, will be checking that out properly this year...better hurry!!
    The new bag is gorge...suits you well Mrs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you and Louis smart cookies?! Love the bag too..and well done on the weight loss!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa-Jane,
    I know how you feel about September and all its promises of new beginnings. I love it, too! Your journaling book and your son's are darling (I especially like the owls that wait on the sidelines to be used). Your custom-made bag looks awesome; you must go to many crops now to wear it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah clever Lunch lady Jan - she does work some treasure doesnt she?? great work coming on too, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really the album you have made. Is it a stamping up punch?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The albums are brilliant, well done to you both!

    The bag is gorgeous too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Louis book is fabulous, say well done to him ! I love your little owls !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful albums, Louis' book is absolutely lovely, I look forward to seeing how he fill it up. Cute owls, and that bag is amazing, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you're completely prepared for class. Your owls are very cute. Great way to get your son involved with the project. He did a very nice job on his book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! How amazing are all of those owls? They are just so cute!

    And, I think it's lovely that you're including Louis, but letting him make his own choices. How cute that he got excited about learning a little technique. I'm sure you'll both have a lot of fun putting your mini-albums together as we progress through class xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bless him, that is all I can say!

    Jakixx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to be doing LSNED with your son. Love your albums and the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. loving the album and super jealous of the owls...........i lost my owl covered pages and had to re-do my album. but i did find a wooden owl for the cover design,,,,yey xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bag and that is fits your trimmer is awesome! Why don't they made bags to fit trimmers? Surely they know that is an important piece of paper crafting!!!! All the little owls are looking good. The cross-eyed one though! EEK! I like Louis' album too. A chip off the block, indeed! I'm with you that the magazine papers aren't the greatest. It is the gloss I think, but I still feel obligated to do something with them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)