Sunday 19 August 2012

Summer Time Challenge

What luck that this post should come on a day of glorious sunshine!  I am rather pink myself after our little holiday to Wales and I think, despite going there regularly for the past 20 years, it is the first time I have ever been sunburned!  We had a wonderful time as usual and it was over too quickly as usual so we are pleased to have some sunshine to come home to.  I mean't to schedule this post before we went away but a very special little person finally arrived and I was frantic getting the house ready for them to use while we were away for a few days.  So my apologies for it being a little late and for going so long between posts - this will not do!

My Summer Time layout is about Louis and his friend and how close they are.  They are so similar, both fighting to control their emotions and yet living life to the full every day.  It was a rare sunny day in September last year and it was wonderful to be at Beaulieu in such glorious weather.  I MAY have gone a little mad with my camera that day!  I've used one of my most favourite Summer colour schemes - yellow, aqua and red.


I also made some of my favourite embellishments - windmills, which I think are perfect for summer sun projects.

I'm sure that this weather is inspiring you to make something Summery so why not upload it to the S J Crafts challenge and be in with a chance of winning some embellishments.It can be about Summer, sunshine, beaches, Summer colours or style, anything that makes you think of a little bit of Summer fun.  The challenge is open until 19th September so plenty of time to get busy with making something and enjoying some of this lovely weather too.

I'm using the lovely weather to dry my holiday washing and I think we might just light the barbecue this evening.  Now though I have 2 small people who NEED the paddling pool to be filled up RIGHT NOW.

Bye for now
xx

7 comments:

  1. I love the summery papers in this layout and the windmills are a definite reminder of summer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page love the windmills.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine in Wales - fortune favours the brave!! :)
    Love the LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have friends in Wales with their boys just now...hope the sun's shining on THEM! Love the colours you've used on your LO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combination. Very cheerful and appropriate for a layout about kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab page - I love the summery feel of the windmills and the photos are too precious for words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful page....I just love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)