Sunday 29 May 2011

4x6 photo love for April

I am really loving the challenges over at 2 Peas, including the 4x6 photo love that is run by Shimelle.  Each month she produces a sketch and layouts for standard sized 4x6 photos, with the number of photos corresponding to the months, hence April was 4 photos.  We have a month to complete them to be in with a chance of the prizes so I am cutting it fine today as is closes tonight.


I used up some American Crafts paper that I wasn't sure about, and some of the Twitterpated range.  I also used, as you can see, a whole load of Thickers on the title.  Normally I would hyperventilate about using so many precious letters but I am trying to actually use my stash and not just keep it and stroke it :-)


There are quite a mix of embellishments here - a Sassafrass cloud, a Dear Lizzy tree,  Papermania buttons, a Jenni Bowlin ticket and the first of many of those stick pins I mentioned yesterday from E-Bay.  I got 90 pins for £2.75 - result!  Of course they are not Jenni Bowlin quality, but who cares for that price?!


As April has 4 photos, one of them is under the title flap.  This layout is about B trying desperately trying to get L's Fruit Flakes off him after she had eaten all of hers.  They started off sitting side by side and ended up turned completely around as she was climbing all over him and he was gently turning away.  They were so sweet and so funny that I thought I could get away with some cutesy papers.  The photo that is hidden under the flap is how they ended up.  The title comes from a family saying that originally came from some nursery school or other.

I'm really pleased with this for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I made the flap!  I could have just put the whole thing in the page protector and left it at that as several others are, it just means that you have to slip them out before you see the interactive bit.  This time however, I used Shimelle's tutorial to make a split in the protector so I could feed the flap through and you don't need to take it out to open it.  It all came together really quickly (other than the embellishing parts!) so I'll definitely use this technique again when I have a lot of photos to show.

I also thought I would share my notebook with you as Gem asked about it the other day (sorry Gem, I mean't to reply sooner).  I made it to take to Scrap-a-Mia last year and it is where I keep all my jottings of ideas and lists of things to create etc.


It is just a cheap spiral bound notebook made of kraft card which is a bit unusual and I wish I could remember where I got them from now.  So often cheap notebooks are covered in that thin shiny paper in bright colours but these ones here were great for tarting up.  I used some of my very favourite things on it - vellum, butterflies, Dear Lizzy music paper, pink gems, and that lovely little envelope embellishment.   I used Ranger Crackle Glaze on the chipboard corners but it didn't adhere well at all.  I have yet to find somewhere where it does stay put :-(


And the back view.  I used Stickles on the butterflies' edges to add a bit of sparkle.


Now I must get on with my PiF for WOYWW which hasn't really progressed at all, oopsie!

Bye for now
xx

3 comments:

  1. Your LO is lovely, I particularly love the papers you've used :)

    And thank you for sharing your little notebook, although in the earlier photo on your desk it looked like a shop bought book! I love how you've altered something very basic and made it look so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab papers in your gorgeous layout. Great book too, very pretty and a lovley idea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab LO and book..I'm about to look at the same 4x6 LO tonight(know it's a bit late)
    alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)