Friday 2 September 2011

Preparing for LSNED

I can't believe it is September already.  Where did the summer holidays go?  Possibly they got washed away...  We went to the zoo last week and I wore a scarf.  A scarf I tell you, on the south coast of England, in the height of summer!

But alas, these lazy starts are soon to be a thing of the past once more as L goes into year 1.  I can scarcely believe that the time has gone so quickly through his first year and he is now about to enter his second year of actual school.  And of course if school is about to start then that must mean another presentation of Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday.


I had an idea of how I was going to do it this year but then I totally changed my mind!  I thought that this September might be a time of real development for me and so I wanted to make more of it than just noting down a few things.  Also I was swayed by my new papers from 2 peas.  I bought the Pink Paislee Old School collection ready for more school layouts of L but in truth, aside from his first day etc, there are not going to be that many and also I will always want to buy new school themed bits as they come out!



I found some chipboard covers and used the Pink Paislee paper to cover the outsides.  I wanted to liven up the fairly dark colour scheme and discovered that many of the My Mind's Eye All About Boys papers go quite nicely too.  I used some of these papers for the insides of the covers and added some to my basket to make up the rest of the kit for the class.  I went through my scraps to add to the basket too and then I cut up 30 pages of cardstock for the page bases.  I intended to stick these back to back as I went along but I didn't want to do it before making the pages in case I wanted to use different colours or use things that would need to go through.  However, now I think I want to use the backs to do the journalling and just do a title on the front with the photo.


I made a total cock up of the back cover.  I made it match the front which meant that the multi coloured bit was on the wrong edge.  I couldn't have it like that, or the writing upside down, so I had to cut the edge off and stick it on the other side.  Luckily I noticed before I covered the inside so I was able to make it a bit more secure.  I hope!


Now it just remains for me to see what I will learn this September!

Bye for now xx

9 comments:

  1. Just popped over from LSNED - I really your album cover, such happy bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your album cover, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cover...looking forward to seeing how it progresses!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! Love the little embellies :)

    Pickwell has craft night at 7.30pm (summertime - think it's 7pm winter) on the last tuesday of each month, but not December.
    Carolyn Draper hosts, and the amount of people vary ... anything from 20 to 30 I guess. My mum does tat-work lace making, best friend Lou does cardmaking... there's ATC swaps, crocheters, knitters, decoupage fans - all sorts. We're not the youngest of groups - but we are friendly. Just had a newbie join last month whose expecting in November (baby boy!), and she's the youngest. During holidays people bring along children and grandchildren too.
    So... hope to see you there.... just turn up and join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, love your cover, I really like the colours that you have used. It looks bright but quite autumn-y at the same time. Hope you enjoy LSNED
    Elliefantasy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love the bright colours of your front cover. It's so cheerful!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. You asked about the tapes at the back of the book, these were homemade tapes inspired by Kirsty Neale - see her post on how to make them here: http://kirstyneale.typepad.com/gingerandgeorge/2011/07/epistolary-larks-.html

    I look forward to seeing your LSNED pages! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind messaje you left on my blog last Wednesday, August 31st.

    I'm also doing LSNED, but this year I'm going so simple to see if I can make it this time :)
    I bought a cute spiral notebook with read leather covers to write it like a diary and adhere bits and pieces of this month :)

    A big hug from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx 4 finding me again! lol I love ur book so far!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)