Thursday 19 January 2012

Fancy a Challenge?

Every 3rd Thursday, Sarah will be hosting a new challenge over at S J Crafts.  The focus is on the everyday stuff and this month the theme is "Happy".  There will also be an idea for using something from your stash by way of a product or technique and this month the focus is to use a punch.  The DT will be showing a few examples and then you have 4 weeks--ish (check the deadline for each challenge) to upload your entry.  This month's prize is a £10 voucher for the shop including some items still in the sale.

When I heard about the challenge, it fitted perfectly with something I was about to make for Management.  He gave me such a wonderful day last Wednesday for my birthday treat but the best part was just being together without the stresses and rush of normal daily life.  I wanted to make him a card to say that spending time with him is what makes me tick, no matter how bad my mental state is!  


I love the cheery feel of the My Mind's Eye Fly A Kite range and I picked out the bright colours in the kite with some Glossy Accents for some dimension and interest.  I used my bracket punch, which is great for male cards, and of course I edged everything with Distress Inks.


He was pleasantly surprised to get a thank you card and said it wasn't needed.  I said it wasn't a thank you card, it was a "You Make Me So Happy" card, which is what I really wanted to express to him.  Because he does.  So much.  :-)

What makes you happy?  Please do share it with us on the S J Crafts blog.  I'll be back tomorrow with a blog hop and news of another prize - its all go here!

Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Great card Lisa-Jane what a great reason to make a card love the way you used the glossy accents to make the kites stand out.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - thanks for your comment on my orange card - the jeans were done with promarkers - colours turquoise, duck egg and I think powder blue I dotted the colours before blending them xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)