Sunday 13 May 2012

One from the weekend

I have a number of layouts to share from the Scrapbook Getaways retreat and I thought I would start with this simple one using October Afternoon's 5 and Dime collection.  There is no journalling because it is part of a series from a mini photo shoot I did at Beaulieu in September.  This particular photo was taken inside a grass hut in the Victorian gardens, hence the darkness, but the children loved it inside there and insisted on having their picture taken.  (Special thanks here to Jaki Morris who sent me that gorgeous twine which is a perfect thickness).


So, having said there is no journalling, and having explained it a bit, I now feel I need to add some journalling!  I think I will jot a little note opposite the lower pinwheels.  I think Shimelle's Cover to Cover class is rubbing off on me!  (More on that in a forthcoming post).


We were away this weekend at the Out-laws so they could look after the children while we went to watch a rugby match.  It was for Management's birthday, very late as we couldn't get to any other matches.  Sadly Northampton Saints lost in the final few minutes but we had great seats and could clearly see ourselves on the TV when we watched it back.  Management was also interviewed just before the match but we still don't know who it was for!  All this reminds me that I still haven't scrapped our rugby tour adventures from last year... another "gap" to add to add to the list (for those doing Cover to Cover)!


Bye for now
xx




7 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, terrific papers and layout and the photo is fab, it doesn't matter that it's dark because that's part of the story. I think you are right to journal a bit about the photo, it will be of interest in years to come. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous LO, I love the PP combination and those windmills are just fab :)

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I send you that twine?? My memory is failing, it's my age.

    I have loads more if you need any!

    Jakix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the polka dots and pin wheels :o)I've just ordered a huge amount of prints from Photobox so I should have plenty of scrapping fodder very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big one for going and doing a bit of writing on the back if I start to feel like my journaling is lacking. ..be a shame to cover up that lovely paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, love the pinwheels, I keep meaning to use them :)

    I love that you have done the journaling, I didn't bother until Shimelle told me off and very right she was too. I think that is why I like blogging as it adds in a bit extra. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous layout, I love the papers x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)