Sunday 24 November 2013

The Great Pumpkin photo

Something wiccan this way comes...

Yes I know that it should be "wicked" and not "wiccan" but I like how it sounds ;-) 

I really love Halloween products but we don't really get into the spirit (did you see what I did there...) like people do in the States.  We are embracing it more and more though, even if its just an excuse to use themed embellishments and papers! 

This photo was one of many many many that I took on this particular Halloween 3 years ago.  I was doing a Digital Photography course with the Open University (which I didn't pay attention to and need to redo) and one of the assignments was photographing dark.  Most people did pumpkins purely because of the time of year and there were some spectacular shots.  I just couldn't get mine right but this was the best of them.


I absolutely adore that orange and black polka dot ribbon and there is a story behind that too.  Last year at around this time, I was "chatting" to another blogger from the States about candy corn.  I kept seeing the motifs for it but had no idea what it was or why it was relevant to Halloween.  The lovely Deb (who many of you know) said she would send us some to try - how wonderful!  I can tell you that we all tried one small piece and it was too sweet for us to any more!  The children were bowled over by the spider rings that came with it and I was overly excited by the ribbon and twine!


The papers and the chipboard letters are from a set by WRMK and the gorgeous orange buttons are Jenni Bowlin.  I really like working with orange and I'm so pleased that we made Halloween really special this year and that we have lots of photos to scrap.


I'm thinking that I'm not alone in taking pictures of things purely for the joy of the associated scrapbooking opportunities.  At least I don't think I am... Have you ever done something deliberately because you wanted to use something specific on a layout?  Maybe dressed people in certain colours or stood people in certain areas?  I've done both of those things and a few more!

Oh, and I almost forgot the give-away!

The winner of the give-away was number 3 which corresponded to Jo!  Jo if you can PM me your address I can get your papers in the post for you this week, just in time for Christmas crafting.

Thank you to all those who commented and left good wishes for my Dad.  He had his operation yesterday and it all went fine but he is now sporting a much larger bandage for a while. Definitely something to scrap there!

Bye for now
xx


4 comments:

  1. The beautiful contrast on this page make it a very satisfying layout to look at!

    I don't think I've ever dressed in a certain colour on purpose, but I'm definitely guilty of taking photos of random things just in case I can get a story out of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your dad is recovering. And your Halloween layout is great! We don't really do Halloween as we don't have kids, but I put together a cute Halloween card for my class, it was great fun making pop up bats!
    Classes are great, yesterday was the Perpetual Calendar & everyone had a blast, including me!
    Thanks for stopping by
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and yes I like to take pictures of things that I know I will want to scrap about like the autumn colours and the Christmas lights :) Glad to hear your dad is improving. Wow, I can't believe I won the giveaway! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page Lisa Jane...glad to hear your dad is through his surgery
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)