Friday 14 October 2011

Time for ice-cream!

Its hot.  Its cold.  Its hot again.  Now it's cold.  What on earth is going on with this weather?!  I seem to be in keeping with the current climate though as in the last week I have scrapped 3 winter layouts and 2 summer ones!  Several of them were part of my S J Crafts DT submission which I will be sharing after the weekend.  I hadn't put away the scraps though and so I used them on a couple of other layouts including this one for Shimelle's Starting Point last week.  I've had these 3 photos in a poly bag ready to scrap for some time but just couldn't get the placement right.  We don't have many properly sunny days when we are on holiday in Wales but this one just about counted and so we all celebrated with ice-cream.  I had a Cornetto (how sophisticated), L had a push up Calippo thingy, and B had something chocolatey and messy and not at all sophisticated!


The new green paper from the DT kit (MME 12-days-of-christmas) was edged with one of my go-to punches, the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch.  The rest is all older stash from here and there including some AC Dear Lizzy paper and ribbon, Papermania buttons and brads and a bingo ticket from the pound shop.  It was good to use up some older stuff and I don't feel too bad about buying new stash if I can mix it up and use up some older stuff too.


After a lovely sunny day here it has started to get quite cold this evening and looking at these photos is making me want to pull a blanket around myself!  I hope the weather is to your liking, wherever you are.

Bye for now xx

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout Lisa-Jane! the cluster of embellishments is darling.....and I adore that owl. :) I love that border punch, too...it is the go to in my tool bin, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bold and bright summery layout....its lovely. Blooming freezing here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO...love the embellishment cluster!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute photos!! Lovely bright page! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)