Monday 12 December 2011

Paper presents

I've been working on a couple of gifts for L's teacher and teaching assistants.  I wanted to give them something personal and a bit different to the chocolates, smellies and wine that school staff get inundated with at Christmas (not that this is a bad thing though!)  I had a few of the bare boxes from Papermania and some cheap notebooks from the supermarket to cover and then I decided to make a nail file cover to match too (this can be a bookmark as well).  I used some of the wonderful K & Co Abrianna papers that I won in a giveaway over at S J Papercrafts and the matching dimensional stickers.  I'm not 100% happy with the way they have come out as there are untidy areas but I hope they will like them and appreciate the handmade-ness (and that IS a word, cos I said so ;-))


I did emboss the white card for the nail file in the set above but I found that the bumpy surface reduced the stickability (that's another word that definitely IS a word, or if not, it so should be).


They are all slightly different  but the basic design is the same.  I used both sides of the papers together and used a co-ordinating ribbon around the lid of the box as well as on the other bits.  In the photo below you can just see the pattern I used around the box which was a doily punch with the waste part reversed and used around the top edge.  I truly love this punch and the pretty bit of waste it gives and I like using them together, partly because I like to stretch my supplies and it gives 2 matching pretty designs for the price of one.


They took a lot longer than I anticipated so I hope they appreciate that they are made with love even if they are not perfect!

Bye for now.
xx

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous .... the teachers will love them I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a survey in the paper the other day - it said teachers would rather have handmade presents over anything else. I think you are well sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your gifts look beautiful and the teachers are very lucky to be receiving them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh these are gorgeous, I'd be over the moon to receive these, and I'm sure so will the teachers

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful gifts Lisa-Jane, they will love them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab gifts...they will be very well received I'm certain!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)