Sunday 9 September 2012

You Are Lovely

Firstly I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been in touch recently both in the comments, and by private e-mail.  My Story Telling Sunday post which featured the loss of our first baby, and my WOYWW post about being at my Great Nephew's birth that morning prompted some amazing messages of support and love from people across the world, most of whom I have never met.  I feel very privileged to be part of such a wonderful on-line community that takes the time to show complete strangers that they care.  You are all lovely!  

And with that in mind, I realised that I had one more layout to share from the Scrapbook Getaways retreat in the spring!

Oh ho!  What's this?  Another 6x6 inspired layout?  (Don't forget that the 6x6 Celebration challenge is still open at S J Crafts for a few more days if you fancy being in with a chance of a prize!)


How cute is Miss Bella standing by the... erm... pink flowers at Beaulieu?  I seem to be doing more and more double layouts at the moment and the 6x6 pads are cracking for this.


I used My Mind's Eye Lime Twist here which isn't available now but they have just released their new 6x6 collections called The Sweetest Thing.


Once again I used my bunting punch by Stampin Up and changed the look a bit by stitching through it.  I also borrowed someone else's teeny Stampin Up punch for the little flowers on it.  If you are interested in any Stampin Up stuff then I do know a lovely person (Fiona) who can give you further information.


I used up some random bits from my stash (I am REALLY trying to use up odds and ends) including this cute but very cheap umbrella charm and some but expensive shiny brads.


I'm particularly fond of that folding ribbon embellishment there.  Layouts often don't feel finished to me without ribbon.  I went to the Artful Angels crop yesterday and a wonderful little shop called Handmade Treasures visited us with the most delicious collection of ribbons and buttons.  I...ahem.. may have purchased an item or two so expect to see some glorious and more unusual pretty ribbons coming up here soon.

Bye for now
xx

7 comments:

  1. I had missed that post - how brave were you and your husband. It's something that we can't think of happening and no-one knows how you will when it happens.
    Sending hugs,
    Jan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, missed your graduation post but have now been back and read, and cried and commented!!

    Beautiful layout!!! Miss Bella looks so cute in those photos!! I made a layout at the crop I went to yesterday with 6 x 6 papers, having been inspired by your series!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have two new 6x6 pads to use since your posts! lovely pages and the umbrella is rather cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a fan of the 6x6 for a while (mainly because I am a cheapskate....a whole collection for £6 lol). I have 2 of the new Sweetest Thing ones to play with so please may I scraplift this glorious layout?

    Miss Bella indeed looks cute and I need a grown-up bandana like that I love them and hers is super cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so gutted I changed my mind about the SU bunting punch, maybe I'll have to treat myself!

    I love your layouts it makes me feel like scrapping, almost

    Jakixx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was an amazing, never to be forgotten post and I will always feel it was a privilege that you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love the banner on this page. The colours are so lovely and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)