Wednesday 8 January 2014

WOYWW 240

Happy New Year!  Lets get life back to some normality shall we?  The children went back to school yesterday but I am suffering with a horrid virus so it doesn't feel quite like normal yet but it is getting there.  Also I am 40 on Friday *twitch* so there are still a few celebrations to come.  I shall be spending the day in my studio, crafting for me, not making things for other people but me!  There will be lots of cups of tea too.

Don't worry that there is no tea in this picture, it was taken in a hurry this morning and I have hardly been in my studio since Christmas.  This photo is as new to me as it is to you!  Lets take a look around.


Top left is my Christmas present - a Selphy printer.  Not had time to try it out at all yet but hoping to very soon.  Sellotape dispenser, which I wouldn't be without, that it looks like Management was using for my birthday presents and couldn't "manage" to put away.  Next to my ATG gun is a Christmas card with what looks like Elvis on.  Its actually a picture of Lord and Lady Montagu dressed as Elvis. In the middle there is my Festive Planner. It is looking a bit worse for wear because it had an entire glass of Bucks Fizz tipped on it on Christmas Day.  Thank goodness for the Mod Podge!

My cake stand with my bits and pieces for Journal Your Christmas is still there and that is ongoing but I do have another project on the go too.  This year I really wanted to make some changes in my life so I signed up for Ali Edwards One Little Word - I thought it would be cool to do this for my fortieth year.  I'll be working on that on Friday, accompanied by tea and biscuits - well it is my birthday ;-)

This post is brought to you by the wonders of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday with the lovely Julia.

Bye for now
xx

22 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa-Jane
    I think virus permitting you will be sitting at your craft table very soon and having lots of fun trying out your new gift and all the other stuff calling to you
    Have a great WOYWW today and enjoy the rest of your week
    Hugs Ria #6

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good to me! But i know what you mean with 'not being there since Christmas' - though it was nice having so much time for family :)
    Happy woyww,
    Jana #49

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of any better way to spend your birthday than crafting and drinking tea!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too lovely. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your festive planner is nice. and the journal you Christmas. I did one 2 years ago and never completed it. I think I've figured out a way to simplify it without feeling like it has to be filled with pictures. thanks for sharing...what's the piggy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you'll be feeling a whole lot better soon and fit for a brilliant birthday.

    You'll love that selphy - can't wait to see lots of pages with cute little pics on them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does a selphy printer just print pics of oneself?? Just wondering..... :-)
    Happy 40th on Friday..hope you had a wonderful time away and enjoy the day itself. I loved my 40's actually, you will too :-)
    Happy Birthday hugs, LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have a lot of nice things on your desk awaiting your arrival to come play. I hope your virus goes away soon so you can enjoy your birthday and your playtime. Judy #83

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you and I am envious of your Selphy, but not for much longer as I am having one for my birthday, which is next week on saturday and oh, yeah I am 40 too. It has given me a little buzz knowing someone out there likely having the same feeling as me :-) *twitch* xxx

    Have a lovely, lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Lisa. So sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hope it clears up in time for your big day. I had that milestone a couple of years ago and dreaded it but it's not so bad after all. I hope you have a really lovely day and are thoroughly spoilt.
    Your cake stand looks very familiar!!! I've bought another one too, 3 tiers this time. I love them!!
    Hugs Lisax #17

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no..hope that horrible virus is gone by Friday and you have a super super 40th birthday!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a very happy new year and as this year is a special one for you, let it be AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for your comment, just to say that I just did an order from Snapfish then got sent a code for up to 50 prints at 1p each.... 1PJAN14 but has to be used by Jan 12th.... not sure if that helps you or not!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, and wishing you a speedy recovery. You must feel better before your birthday! I hope it's a happy one!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're feeling better soon so you can enjoy your birthday celebrations.
    Hugs,
    A x # 10

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you recover from the virus soon! Your desk looks great, ready to sit down and play.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #50

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you're feeling better now. I got a Selphy for Christmas too and finally had a little play last night. I hope you have a fantastic birthday and a really great year xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Which Selphy printer did you get?? Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy WOYWW! #20

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like being late makes me in time to wish you a very happy birthday, hopefully you will have a bit more than tea today as well.
    Enjoy your day playing
    thanks for your visit earliewr
    janet #11

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love my selphy, had it about 3 years now. Need o get some more ink though but it does work out cheaper than printing on normal printer plus no wasted paper.

    Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a fabulous day today x

    ReplyDelete
  21. not joining in with WOYWW this week, but thought i would pop over and say hello.
    I've been doing JYC too, but it seems to be taking me forever. Can't believe you also have another project on the go at the same time
    caroline

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)