Monday 19 May 2014

Divided Loyalties - Part 3

Last week I said I had one more set of projects to share using the cut-apart cards from Simple Stories - Homespun collection, and here they are!  

The sentiment on this piece really spoke to me as something we need to remember in this house.  I mounted it onto some pinky-red patterned paper from the collection and then onto one of the larger pieces in the cut-apart cards.  I used an old frame to show it off so that I can use it as a piece of home decor in our new house.  The photo was taken when I was on a retreat in the Cotswolds with some great girls - isn't the garden wonderful!?
I added a sticker to the top left corner directly on the frame for added interest.
 Then I added a branding strip and a couple of pieces of chipboard at the bottom right for balance.  I can't wait to get it on the wall in our new home.  Its such a great message.
Talking of our new home, sadly our vendors still haven't found anything they like so we are still waiting... rather impatiently.  While we were on the retreat, one of the girls gave us all a little gift bag and inside it was a small Moleskine, ideal for keeping in my handbag - thanks Mel!  Initially I had thought about making a mini book with book rings and adding in some note paper but this was perfect.  I needed something to keep with me for keeping track of everything regarding the house move and the Homespun collection has such a lot of lovely homely icons and sentiments that it was a great match.
 I embellished the front cover with one of the cards, a couple of brads from the collection and some chipboard.  I then embellished each section within the book using only stickers and papers because I didn't want to add too much bulk.
Each section has a side tab and the dividers are decorated front and back.  The tabs have been cut from two of the longer thin sections. Here I stitched around the house picture and I love the effect it gives.  I have kept the decor section larger than the others because I have lots of ideas for our new abode! ;-)
This telephone was a perfect match for the contacts page and all of the letter stickers are from the collection too.  I really love the border strip on the "Dates" page which I cut from one of the longer pieces.
 More stickers and stitching.  The kraft labels were a wonderful addition from another lady at the retreat - thanks Jaki!
 Some of the cards were perfect on their own and some needed another element or two or some washi tape.
 Yes, I have a section on Decluttering our current house and yes I have spelled declutter wrong here...
And finally the back few pages of homely comfort.  Some reminders of things to ask and things to remember to tell the new owners.
And the back cover with some chipboard.  I love the way you can see a sneak of the other bits and bobs inside.
So, I hope you've enjoyed this series of ideas for using pocket page collections outside of pocket dividers and I hope that you can see past the sections as they are and consider using them for other projects.  I've still got a fair bit of the collection left in some larger pieces so I can still have more fun with this pretty range.  If you are inspired by something you've seen in these posts then please do let me know in the comments and if you have made something please do share a link so we can have a look too!

With thanks to S J Crafts for supplying such a great collection.

Bye for now
xx

8 comments:

  1. That looks like a very satisfying notebook to hold in your hand. Chunky and just ready for writing in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first project - so pretty, so right! Might be an inspiration for a stitched sampler too...Off to look at that collection on the www.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweet homespun quality to these projects - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've bought a smile to my face with your lovely projects ... They're gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage vibe of both these - they would make a fantastic housewarming gift if you could bear to part with them, I will definitely be copying this idea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That notebook is lovely and I really love the frame. I hope your chain moves quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sentiment in the frame and your notebook is wonderful. I just want to pick it up and flick through it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)