Wednesday 9 March 2011

Getting my scrap on!

Wow, I've been busy with my scrapping over the last few weeks.

So, scrapping!  It is definitely keeping my sane and I am enjoying it so much.  I still need to complete a fair few pages of Journal Your Christmas but I've taken a break from it for a few weeks.  I've found a local crop that runs once a month on a Saturday where you take your own stuff and the same lady runs monthly classes. They are not always my cup of tea and I don't know how many of these I will be able to get to with my other commitments but its fun to be around like minded people.  The first 2 layouts are ones from the classes and most of the others are from the crop.


This was a session about the Shabby Chic style.  Most of the supplies here are from Jenni Bowlin.

I got chance to make a paper pin wheel from Shimelle's blog that I'd been meaning to try for ages - I love the way it turned out.

The little heart tucked in the side there is one of the techniques we tried.  Its a patchwork heart with baker's twine tied around it and I love it.  


This one was the March session and concentrated on hidden journalling (see below).  We also worked on cutting out elements of papers which is something I had avoided up until now.  I love the way this turned out and its a technique I'll be using again for sure.

The journalling goes under the photo :-)


What can I say?  I love my girl and I love purple!

And I love these little chipboard butterflies from Hobbycraft too.  


Thought I would try something different with this one.  I always like the look of the layouts with negative space and I'm fairly pleased with this.  I also used a technique from one of the classes in Scrap-A-Mia with the little frames.  I like this style for a few little photos.


Hhhmmm.  Not sure about this one.  Its not quite as I expected and I think its the rounded corners of the bottom photo that is not sitting quite right for me.


This is one of my favourite-est every layouts that I've done.  Its a scraplift from something I saw in TwoPeas and uses the similar technique to the patchwork heart in the first layout.  I'm quite in love with Baker's Twine as you can tell and this is my first ever bunting layout.  I'm so behind the times!!!


And my first ever double pager!  I've been really experimenting lately!  I'm really pleased with this one as well, partly because it was all my own work, it was using up scraps and I think I might be getting the hang of mixing up fonts for titling :-)


Cool stickers and badges from American Crafts.


Not sure about this one either.  Its predominantly Dear Lizzy stuff which I love but actually working with it is another matter!  I like the raffia and the layout of the elements but again something is just not sitting right for me.  Any ideas what?

Thanks for looking!  Bye for now xx

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great layouts here - I especially like Joy and Fields.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)