Sunday 29 July 2012

Inseperable

I've had a bit of a tricky mojo recently.  Its been there, just not working as I would like it.  I'm completing projects but they are leaving me feeling a little disappointed.  This week also, I've had a nasty stomach bug and I'm still not over it, and I'm part way through a blog post about our horrific camping adventures this weekend.  In an effort to turn things a bit positive, I looked through my spreadsheet of layouts (oh yes, you did read that right) which I have to keep now to help me track deadlines, publishing deadlines and when I have blogged projects etc.  I found this layout that I hadn't shared yet and it reminded me that sometimes I can make things that I really love.  I used a sketch that I found on Pinterest and it came together really well with the Salt Air papers from Cosmo Cricket.  The colours were perfect with the photos of Louis and his Grandma (my MIL) who are inseperable when we get to see her, often to the exclusions of everyone else.


I don't often use printed journalling but in this case there wasn't much to say (the photos are from our Wales album) and so it worked well to have it in short phrases on the strips.  I also used a Cricut for the first time ever for my title.  I was at an Artful Angels crop and they have one there with various cartridges for you to use which is really handy if you don't have one of your own.


I liked being able to match the colour to my layout exactly so I would definitely use it again even though it is quite fiddly.

So there you are.  A sunny layout for a day that is not sure if it is sunny or raining stair rods!  Now, I must go and load the washing machine again.  Oh yes, it was THAT sort of camping trip.  More on that very soon.

Bye for now
xx

13 comments:

  1. Lovely layout! I have 2 grandchildren (brother and sister) and I feel that way about them. I can hardy remember my life before them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful LO - and perfectly captures their relationship...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that stomach bug has been affecting your creative mood..they can be funny like that. have another look at what you've been doing when you are feeling a lot better - I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful layout for a beautiful relationship.

    I miss my Nan!

    Jakix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nasty bugs!! Hope you are back to 100% soon! Great layout, lovely photos and the colours work really well! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely way to document their special relationship xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa-Jane....spreadsheets really!! lol! you are super organised! Sorry to hear you've not been well....a bug does tend to make you feel lousy. If this layout is anything to go by I'm sure all your other creations are super too xx take it easy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...our own washing took a couple of days. I am looking forward to hearing your camping story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better....great LO- love the colours you've used!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to hear more about this spreadsheet! As an engineer, I'm all about spreadsheets.

    I'm with you on the 'not feeling it' vibe. Don't know why, but I'm all kinds of out it lately. Hoping to find my mojo again soon.

    I love the layout. I can't get enough of layouts about my kids with my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a lovely layout. I hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better. Love your colors on this layout! And I would be lost without Pinterest to keep track of all the online inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always think it would be fun to go camping. And then I stop and really think about it and decide no. I have a girlie girl friend who won't even answer the phone if he make up isn't applied. Her "surprise" honeymooon? Camping! What was that man thinking? Well, what he is thinking is he is a divorced chap now (it was a sign that he introduced her as his future first ex-wife AT THE WEDDING). Anyway.... great layout and I love the colors. It looks like a fun place to be, grandma and her shadow.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)