Sunday 8 July 2012

Scrap scraps?

I just mentioned to Management that I had made 3 cards this week, "all from scraps!" I said proudly.  He looked confused.  "Don't you always work with scraps?  Isn't that what scrapbooking is?  How do you get scraps from scrapbooking?"  I rolled my eyes, huffed and turned away.

Here they are, new from old.

One for Louis' teacher who has been in hospital.  Old chipboard, old papers, old gems.  It got me thinking about some of the other stash I have that never seems to make it to a layout.


One for a little girl's 4th birthday.  Shocking photo, just couldn't seem to get the light right.  I blame the weather, not my poor photography skills.  I promise you that the gems are straight, I learned something here - never use small round embellishments with polka dot papers.


Lastly one for Bella's ballet teacher.  I am so pleased to have been able to use this fab ballet shoe ribbon.  I used a tutorial by Kirsty Wiseman over at Fantastic Ribbons for the bow so big mmwwaaah to you Kirsty!  The black card is actually embossed with swiss dot but its a bit hard to see here.


You may have noticed in these pictures that things have moved a little in my craft room.  With all the organising that went on in the last 10 days, things got a bit shifted in my room too but I'll save that for another post.

Bye for now
xx

7 comments:

  1. Great cards and I love that you used up some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at DH...what are they like!! lol!

    Great cards Lisa-Jane...loving the big bow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I love your hubby's comment! The cards all look great, love that big bow! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a little chuckle at hubby's comment! Men eh?!! Fab cards!!! Love the first one especially!! Craft space reorganisation .... that's what I need to do here... it's looking a total mess these days!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, she made three cards that's as many LOs as I've made in my life!

    Love the ribbon bow, I'm so going to give that a go soon

    Take care

    Jakixx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)