Monday 23 July 2012

Olympic Challenge

Its time for another challenge over at S J Crafts and this time we have a highly topical Olympic theme.  Of course the possibilities are endless for this really - anything sporty, maybe something about London or your country's flag, did you see the torch, how has the Olympics affected you?  

My layout is about my own little Bradley Wiggins when he finally sussed pedalling and riding properly on his bike with stabilisers.  Goodness he was so cute back then!


The first idea that came to me was to use the idea of rings to echo the Olympic symbol.  This lead the way for the layout and I also wanted to include flag shapes and my country's colours.  I was stuck for a title so as an extra nod to the Olympics, I used the idea of one of the qualities needed to be an Olympic athlete - Perseverance.



It was an ideal time to use some of my favourite October Afternoon Rocket Age along with various stickers, buttons, and Teeny Alphas.  

There are lots of other ideas for the challenge over at the S J Crafts blog so why not play along?  You could win your choice of 6x6 pad from the shop (and if you need ideas on how to use them, watch this blog space!)

The challenge closes on 15th August at 1pm.

Go Team GB!!!

Bye for now
xx

9 comments:

  1. I love how you interpreted the Olympic theme. The layout is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation too. gorgeous selection of papers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout love all the circles.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the circles and all the RW&B!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the Olympic theme adapted for your page! Fun colors and great photos. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, love the use of the rings. Might have to join the challenge this time as I've some torch pictures to blog.

    When did you get the great new profile picture? You look lovely.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great LO and I love your own little Bradley Wiggins.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE.LOVE.LOVE... this layout! Great idea using the circles... I am going to have to scraplift this! Fun colors and what a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute layout, it is just adorable, as is the young man.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)