Sunday 15 July 2012

Life is pretty amazing

She's here again with another page!  Its one from our retreat as I didn't get anything actually finished at the crop on Saturday (despite.. ahem... plenty of planning!)

The page was inspired by a sketch from Shimelle using 2 photos top left.  Its not something I would have done without the sketch but I will definitely use it again.  The papers (This and That Graceful) make me want to lick the screen and I was really pleased to finally put that wonderful Jenni Bowlin butterfly to perfect use.

The chipboard title was perfect to sum up how we felt on the day these photos were taken over 6 years ago.  I was VERY VERY pregnant with Louis and we went on a Babymoon (pre-baby final holiday as a couple) to Bradford-Upon-Avon.  We were excited and nervous and had absolutely no idea just how much our lives were going to be turned upside down.  

And yes, if you can manage to read the journalling, it does say that I had a fight in a car park.  I blame the hormones.... I went into Mummy Tiger mode.... Management was NOT impressed.



This was the first time I used washi tape on a layout!



Despite a cracking headache on Saturday, it was lovely to see Sarah again from S J Crafts and actually stroke, touch and sniff her shop.  We hatched a plan for a series of projects involving the new Everyday Eclectic collection which I'm very excited about.

Talking of hatching and life being amazing, we finally got to release our painted lady butterflies.  I admit, I was quite emotional.  They had lived with us since they were caterpillars and had become part of our family.. sniff.  This was an amazing experience and in Louis' own words "the best birthday present EVER!"



How beautiful is Bob?  Bob was the largest of the caterpillars and the first of the four to hatch.  He was quite happy to sit on Louis' finger while they had a chat about going off into the big wide world.  Bob was less impressed when Bella started shrieking loudly when she tried to cuddle him and he fluttered his wings.


Good luck Bob and friends!

Bye for now
xx


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout!!! And how gorgeous is the JB butterfly!! Didn't realise you didn't finish a lo on Saturday .... you seemed very productive and busy despite me & Paula's constant chat!!! Good luck to Bob and his friends! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 4x6 photos and the butterfly perfectly fills the space...love it Lisa-Jane.

    Amazing photo too of Louis holding his butterfly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO..and the journalling! Great pic of Louis and Bob!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa. You've kicked me into action. I'm so sorry to have been such a poor blogger lately. I hadn't realised how long it's been since I popped over. I've had a lovely catch up with you and all your lovely LO's and been put thoroughly to shame by the big tidy up. Do you think you could come and do the same to us. I have an 11 year old with a bedroom full of baby things she refuses point blank to part with. We also have a loft crammed full of stuff which desperately needs going through. We do we keep all this rubbish!!!!
    Your butterflies are amazing. How brilliant to have seen them through from caterpillars to butterflies. There are so few about with all this rain this year.
    Love the baby bump LO too. I can't imagine you picking a fight!!!!
    See you again soon.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout...Love the way the colour pop off the page!

    Your family story was so sweet to read. What a gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just thought I would mention that i am following you but don't seem to be getting your posts in my reader. I will have to try to figure out what i have done wrong with my reader... as you are a lovely scrapbooker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to giggle. I often plan well for what I am going to make at crafting get-togethers It is so rare I actually DO them though, so I can relate to the not completing anything at the crop.

    Such scrumptious colors on your layout. You got in a fight, huh? My money would be on the pregnant lady every time!

    The butterflies are beautiful. I'm sure it was exciting to grow them up from caterpillars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping in today:):) loving the LO and the butterfly is so perfect. Beautiful work:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that big butterfly on your layout! Bob is very pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is gorgeous, that Jenni Bowlin butterfly really looks perfect on it! I think you can be forgiven for getting in a fight, when you're that pregnant, whatever you say should go!

    My daughter keeps asking for this butterfly garden, I'm thinking of getting it for her 5th b'day next March. Especially now I see how much you all enjoyed it.

    Thanks so much for joining in with my Scrapbooking Soiree! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)