Tuesday 26 April 2011

A layout with bigger pictures!

Do you know, its the little things that can really pick you up!  I took some advice on the forums for the Beyond Blogging For Scrapbookers class and actually managed to get it to work!  I have managed to make my blog a little wider so that I can put my photos in a bit bigger - hurrah!  And to celebrate that small step I thought I would share another layout that I completed at the crop.  And check out the new larger size eh?  Go me!  

My nieces were always lovely but they really have grown into three beautiful young ladies.  I thought using butterflies as a sort of theme here was quite fitting, especially with the amount of paint they put on their faces!  I took the inspiration from one of Shimelle's sketches but it didn't quite work out how I anticipated.  Managament bought me an American Crafts album for Christmas and somehow managed to get an 8.5x11 which I've never scrapped in.  I thought it would be good to try it but I totally forgot and merrily went for my normal square, only realising my mistake when I found the page protector in the page kit!

I made the large B for the title and then the scalloped circles for the rows either side of the photos - and then it didn't fit!  I played around with it for ages and the only way I could make it work was to lose one of the rows and replace it with the large title.  I like the negative B showing the beautiful Heidi Swapp paper through, and I used a shoe charm and a skeleton leaf on it.

The scalloped circles were too big really but I like the way it turned out in the end as they fitted in the edges of the paper.  I had to work hard to overcome my anal tendencies to have them matching in some way!  I used another charm here too - a bag, very fitting for all of them!  Which young ladies don't love shoes and bags huh?

I'm fairly pleased with it but I wish the title was clearer and that the work I did on the flourish of gems is clearer as I think it gets lost on the black sections of the paper.  Well I'm always learning!  And with that in mind, I've just recieved my Scrap-A-Mia information so I'm off to have a look - yippee!

Bye for now xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, and the girls are gorgeous!!! I love the circles and that you put embellies in each one. Very creative!!!! Love the large photo size!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a very pretty layout, with lots to look at. It helped that you'd taken close-ups of various parts to see the little embellishments in more detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, nice to meet you BB4S classmate! Woo hoo on bigger picture! Very pretty layout - really love the Butterflies! And boy - can't tell your nieces are sisters! ;) Pretty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im doing BBFS too! Love ur LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what lovely girls and the large size for the layout is great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the larger LO and the close-ups are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the large photos, they really show of your gorgeous layout x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for leaving me a message! It always makes me smile when someone stops by and says hello :-)